Friday, October 9, 2009

Going a different Direction











I'm finally done working at Eye Health of Charlevoix. While, I was very thankful to have a job, especially in Michigan. And especially while we have been trying to aggressively pay student loans off, I'm more thankful that we are at a place where I can move on to things that will give me more freedom and self fulfillment.

I'm currently working on a course to train me in Medical Transcription. This is the freedom part of the previous statement. When I finish the course (hopefully in late January), I'll have a job that will let me work from home. (did you notice the South Africa tab on the site? Yeah, I did too.)
I'm also in Petoskey now which is great. All our friends and dealings are here in town and I hardly know the people here. I could tell you every family in Charlevoix but that's not where my life is. I can go to the functions here that I used to miss because I was out of town. I can now meet friends for lunch, I've been taking photos of our friends and their little children which is nothing but pure fun.
So yeah. I'm perfectly content with not working there anymore. It feels good when you know without a doubt that you made the right decision.
That hardly happens with me.
Took some photos of my sister's family when they came up for a visit. I think they wanted to kill me after making them climb up the sand dune, but they'll get over it. Love those sand dunes at Petoskey State Park.

3 comments:

Ang D said...

I like your new direction. I'm thinking of heading in one myself...more homebound that is! I look forward to hearing more of your progress!

nikki said...

Ang, can't wait to hear about your new direction. thanks for stopping by!

J&B said...

LOVE the pics!